Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What can be treated with intense pulsed light systems – IPL?
Our trained therapists offer a range of cost effective and professional treatments including:
- Permanent hair reduction
- The elimination of sun spots, freckles and other skin discoloration
- Removal of vascular lesions
- Skin rejuvenation
- Acne reduction
Q: Who is suitable for intense pulsed light treatments – IPL?
- Most people can have IPL treatment
- Your trained therapist should be able to determine your suitability
- People who have been tanning or have dark skin may be at higher risk
Q: Does IPL treatment hurt?
- No skin desensitization is required
- You may feel a slight level of discomfort with each application
- This will reduce as the area being treated responds to the therapy
Q: Are there any side effects?
- Short term effects are possible
- Redness can occur in the area being treated
- This will disappear soon after the treatment
Q: What about down time after the treatment?
- Generally you can return to normal activities straight after
- A minimum of 2 weeks is required before exposure to sunlight
Q: Number of treatments and treatment frequency for each application:
- Permanent hair reduction: 8 – 12 treatments, spaced 2 – 8 weeks apart
- Sun spot reduction: 4 – 8 treatments, spaced 4 weeks apart
- Vascular lesions: 4 – 8 treatments, spaced 2 weeks apart
- Skin rejuvenation: 4 – 8 treatments, spaced 4 weeks apart
- Acne treatments: may be ongoing weekly or fortnightly
How long do IPL treatments take?
Your Intense Pulsed Light treatment takes around the same amount of time as a wax treatment for the same area.
Is a test patch required?
A test patch is a legal requirement, which enables the therapist to obtain the correct setting for more efficient treatment. The test patch also identifies any adverse reactions, which are then contained to a small area.
Why do I have to have many IPL treatments for hair reduction?
IPL targets the hair compound called melanin, this give hair the colour (pigmentation). Melanin is most prevalent in hair during the early-anagen phase of hair growth, and hairs in this stage of growth are the ones most responsive to Intense Pulsed Light. Ongoing treatments are needed to catch each hair as it passes through this early-anagen stage of development, that may result due to hormonal fluctuations though out your life-time.
Will I have to come back for repeat skin rejuvenation treatments?
In relation to pigmentation – If you have skin that is easily sun-damaged (freckled) and pre-caution is not taken to protect your skin, by using sunscreen daily, in addition to a Vitamin c Serum to inhibit melanin from developing, it is likely you will need “top-up” treatments.
In relation to vascular lesions – It will depend what the trigger was. In some cases, you may only require a few treatments and no follow up, on the other hand, skin conditions such as Rosacea, will need on-going maintenance and home care for the best possible results.
What areas of the body can be treated?
Generally any part of the body can be treated. Exceptions include areas in close proximity to the eyes, the inner ear and nose.
The most popular areas for hair removal are the underarms, bikini, upper lip, chin, face, legs, back & chest.
The most popular areas for skin treatments are the face, arms, hands, décolletage and legs.
Refresh Medi Spa & Hair Membership
Available From $15 Per Week
Discounts available on hair, skin, cosmetic tattooing, products and injectable services
Includes monthly gift of:
20 min LED Light Treatment- programmed to specifically suit your skin needs.
Assists in skin rejuvenation
Assists in the treatment of acne and dermatitis
Up-grade to include Hyaluronic face mask while enjoying the relaxing LED Light Treatment for just $30
Hair treatment suited to your hair condition.
Upgrade to a Hot Towel Treatment to increase the benefits and relaxation of your customised hair treatment for just $20
Every new member receives a Skin & Hair consultation, Dermal Planning, Starter Kit and Post Care Kit.
Rockingham, WA 6168