Spider veins, also known as telangiectasias or venulectasias, are small, often clustered groups of tiny blood vessels just beneath the skin’s surface
They generally appear as red, blue or purple veins primarily on the thighs, lower legs and face. Spider veins are most often non-symptomatic, so they are not uncomfortable, do not cause discomfort in your legs and are generally more of a cosmetic concern that do not pose a serious health threat. They can be diagnosed upon visible examination and generally display one of three distinctive patterns:
- A spider-web or “sunburst” pattern that radiates out from a central point
- A “tree branch” pattern
- A linear or “matting” pattern that may appear to simply be a set of thin lines
Spider vein formation can, however, also be a sign of more serious underlying vein reflux disease. If you are considering treatment of your spider veins, it’s important to see a vein specialist for proper examination to determine the nature of your spider veins. If your spider veins are associated with vein reflux disease, their appearance will typically improve upon initial treatment of the vein reflux.
Sclerotherapy offers an effective, non-surgical approach for the treatment of spider veins.
A superfine needle will inject the affected area, delivering a special solution that shrinks and collapses the vein lining. This reduces blood flow in these veins and will diminish the appearance of red and blue surface veins. Cosmetic improvement is noted within a few weeks following treatment. Most cases require a series of sessions scheduled a few weeks apart.
Sclerotherapy is suitable for all skin types, including darker-skinned patients and anyone looking for visible relief from spider veins. You can resume normal activities immediately following treatment. A consultation will allow us to determine whether sclerotherapy is the best treatment option for your problem area(s).
- Sclerotherapy and IPL are safe, time-proven procedures that cause little, if any discomfort.
- These therapies provide an overall improvement in the appearance of spider veins.
- There is no downtime. Patients can immediately resume work and almost all normal activities
- Multiple treatments are usually necessary to remove the veins.
- Patients may be asked initially to wear support stockings to help keep treated veins closed and to reduce bruising.
- Bruising, colour changes and small areas of scarring may occur where sclerotherapy treatment has been performed.
- Takes less than an hour
- Nil anaesthetic required
- Mild discomfort
- Compression stockings are worn for 7-14 days
- Can return to normal activities
- Results in three- six weeks
- May require multiple treatments
- Raised red area’s
- Darkened skin
These side effects usually subside in a few days to weeks and veins fade within a few weeks.
Non Member Pricing
Refresh Medi Spa & Hair Membership
Available From $15 Per Week
Discounts available on hair, skin, cosmetic tattooing, products and injectable services
Includes monthly gift of:
20 min LED Light Treatment- programmed to specifically suit your skin needs.
Assists in skin rejuvenation
Assists in the treatment of acne and dermatitis
Up-grade to include Hyaluronic face mask while enjoying the relaxing LED Light Treatment for just $30
Hair treatment suited to your hair condition.
Upgrade to a Hot Towel Treatment to increase the benefits and relaxation of your customised hair treatment for just $20
Every new member receives a Skin & Hair consultation, Dermal Planning, Starter Kit and Post Care Kit.
Rockingham, WA 6168